Dang, this Roubo build isn’t cheap!
- ~200 bd/ft log of hard maple cut by local sawyer: $250.
- Materials for outdoor drying rack: $80
- Milling of maple on heavy equipment (4 hrs of machine time): $240.
- Benchcrafted Bench builder’s hardware kit: $750.
- Miscellaneous pieces of maple or use of Niangon (estimated): $150.
- Additional clamps (estimated): $200.
- Resharpening my tool blades from the hard maple: $40.
- 2-3 bottles of Gorilla Wood Glue: $0 (thanks guys)
Fortunately, this should be the last bench I build for at least 50 years.
Anyone else want to share their price tag so far?